Monday, March 15, 2010

Home phone!

I'm so excited! I'm getting a home phone! I've been wanting to get one ever since moving here, so this is just wonderful!! And I'll be getting internet, so no more of this wishy washy stuff. :)

In other news, I'm slightly disappointed on how little I'm enjoying this blog... And that I haven't taken up writing.... Ok, I'm going to write something. This is fresh. Please! Constructive criticism only! And if it's cliche.. well, I'm sorry.

It was a beautiful spring day. The sun was shining brightly and the sound of birds singing filled the air. The flowers were just blooming, still too shy to show their face. The ground was still cool, not yet warmed from winter. Too cold to go barefoot, yet my feet couldn't stand it any longer. My mother always said the first of May, but I just couldn't bear to wear shoes another day. And April 4th is nearly the first of May. Winter was over and I was celebrating. Sniffles wouldn't kill me.

I walked along the creek bank, sandals in hand, enjoying the energetic peace of being alone with nature. Well, mostly alone. The sound of children playing could be heard in the distance, but far enough away that it was pleasant. I prayed and daydreamed and thought random thoughts, letting my mind wander where it would. Soon enough I would have to focus on unpleasant things. But for now, I would enjoy this moment.

1 comment:

Lori Medlin said...

Grace that was good!! It was like I was reading a Beverly Lewis book!! Keep it up!