Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Writing

I have a dream of writing, as you may know. I have written a few things and I think I could do well with it, but I freeze because my mind won't stop editing. I need to just let my thoughts flow onto "paper" and stop worrying about whether or not they're perfect.

I thought I'd try a writing exercise on you. I have no idea what I'm going to write about. Even at this very moment, I have not a clue. here goes nothing.....

She made her way down the busy sidewalk to the quaint bookstore on the corner. The bookstore was her escape. As she skimmed through the old books she lost herself in the imaginations of the authors. It was so easy to forget reality here. She was easily entranced by the stories, the characters becoming her friends. She laughed as they bantered, cried as they mourned, and rejoiced as they found love. Even long after she left she would think about them, as tho they were real people in her life.


I continued writing after this, but it was taking me down a dark trail, one that I couldn't leave hanging... So once I can bring some sort of satisfaction for the reader, I will post the rest. :)

No comments: