Monday, April 19, 2010

Why? 60-1126

I heard this and it brought tears to my eyes. I felt led to post it. Hope someone is blessed by it.

And you see, Divine healing does not lay in a man anyhow. See? It's in a finished work, your faith in a finished work. And a gift of healing is merely a gift of faith for healing. See? Now, a gift of healing does not have to even be a pastor. It can be a--a lay member. The laity can have the same thing. See?
I remember one time at Meridian, Mississippi, I believe it was. I was holding a meeting, and it was raining. I was there with a man named Brother--he was one of the cooperating ministers or he was one that was sponsoring it through this other churches. Seems to me like his name was either Bigsby, or Busby, or something like that, down in Mississippi: Busby, that's probably who it was, a football player used to be.
And it was in an auditorium, and there was a tes--testimony came which was astounding, and the testimony was, that I sent Billy down to give out prayer cards so that they won't have like an arena. It's a--it's a church, although it was a auditorium, but we're still it's church as long the church is meeting there. That wherever it is that's... The people are the church, the called out.L-5 And the testimony came in later, that there was a little lady setting on the front seat, just a common little church girl that, little mother, and there was another lady walking back and forth with a baby. And the baby was wrapped up in a blanket, and it was raining and the little lady could have no place to set down. It was just packed and jammed out into the streets, and the people standing with umbrellas.
And so this little lady setting there, the Holy Spirit spoke to her (just a little member of the Body of Christ), and she said... The Holy Spirit said to her, "Go, pray for that baby." And when the lady turned, she was holding a prayer card in her hand.
Oh, she said, "Father, I--I cannot go pray for that baby. Brother Branham will pray for that baby tonight." Like that had anything to do with it, but she said, "I--I just can't pray for that baby."
And as she walked back and forth, it just kept getting on her heart more and more. "Go pray for that baby." And finally she said, perhaps maybe to get it off of my heart, I can just give the lady my seat anyhow, because she looked like she was worn out, and said if the...L-6 She said, "How do you do, sister?" Said, "You--you look so tired with the baby and I--I'm not... Haven't got my baby, so would you just take my seat and set down here."
And she said, "Thank you, sister. I don't want to take your seat."
She said, "Yes, you must do it, because I--I see that you're tired and worn out." Well, she set down. She said, "Just before you set down," said, "I notice that you have a prayer card in your hand."
Said, "Yes, the young man gave it to me a few moments ago as he went out the door."
And said, "Well, Brother Branham is going to pray for your baby tonight."
She said, "I hope so. I hope my number's called tonight."
And she said, "Oh, I--I'll pray that Brother Branham will call your number tonight." And then she said, "If I'll, being a Christian, I--I just can't get it off my heart so if you will just excuse me, would--it would relieve my feelings if you would just let me say a little prayer for your baby?"
"Why," she said, "Certainly, darling. Go ahead and pray for the baby."L-7 And she held it out and the little mother laid her hands upon the little baby crying and said, "Lord, I--I do this, because to take it off my heart. I pray that You'll heal the baby when Your servant, Brother Branham, comes and prays for it. Let it be healed." And she set down, the other lady with the baby, and this lady goes and climbs a way up in the balcony. I believe it had two balconies, and she was in the top balcony.
That about five minutes after that I come in, and after I got through preaching I said, "I'll call prayer cards number 25 to 50," or something like that. You know the way I usually do, start along somewhere, where the cards are mixed up and just call a group out so that the people won't rally, "I got number 1 or number 2" or whatever it is.L-8 And happened to be that this lady was about the third or fourth one in the line. Well, the little mother up in the building, you know, up in the top she was so happy. She said, "Oh, thank you, Lord. Oh, I'm so glad for that little mother; that was on my heart so for that poor little sick baby."
When the little baby got into the prayer line and come up close to where we were standing--where I was standing, I looked at her. Now, we got it on the tape, you know, and said... That's how I caught it, and it said, "Sister," said, "your baby is--is suffering with a (I forget what it was), some kind of a disease or trouble." Said, "You've come from a certain place, and you are so and so, Mrs. Certain Name," and said, "but your baby is already healed." Said, "Because the Holy Spirit spoke to that little lady standing up there in the balcony. She's already prayed the prayer of faith for your baby." See?
The compassion of that mother for the baby would've went far beyond what I'd have had for it. You see? So the gift of healing... If God ever speaks to your heart to go pray for somebody, you do what God tells you to do. See, see? Always follow the Holy Spirit.

No comments: